Pages

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Yay for Birthdays!!


Sorry for the lack of posts the past couple weeks! I'd been busy getting things ready for my 23rd birthday party! 
I'm not the kind of person who usually has a big party, in fact I can't really remember the last one I had. I usually just have a small get together with family, or would have one or two friends come hang out, or have a sleepover when I was younger. The last birthday party I had with a lot of guests was probably in elementary school, when you'd have to invite your whole class. Remember those? Were they fun? I think I just liked all the presents haha. 



But this year, I was in the mood for a party! Nothing too fancy, just drinks, snacks and games at my place and then out to a bar. We gathered some snacks; I made my delicious homemade pretzels, my boyfriend made salsa and we got some yummy mini cupcakes! (Which I obviously forgot to take pictures of..I was too excited!)
I didn't know anyone when I moved to Toronto 4 years ago, so I've adopted a lot of my boyfriends friends as my own. The guest list wasn't huge, but it's still really nice that people care enough about to you to come to your house and get drunk in celebration of your birth haha! I also had a couple of my own friends over, my buddy Susan, who I'd actually met 4 years ago to the day, on my birthday! She told me she'd figured that out on her way over, I was surprised to realize I'd known her for that long. The beer might've been making me a little nostalgic and emotional.



After many drinks were poured, some of us (that didn't have babies at home, or have to work the next day) decided to head out to a bar. Our original choice had a huge line that no one felt like waiting in, so we ended up at Cake. It's a bar/club in downtown Toronto, that I think is actually meant for birthdays. With my glorious 'Birthday Girl' badge worn proudly, we marched in and I wished a happy birthday by a lot of random people. I had a really great night, with lots of dancing, shots, and more dancing. 



Of course, real fun started the next morning with a lovely hangover and a pigsty for a home.



What are some of your favourite birthday memories? 

Follow me on Instagram! : kelseymacgyver

No comments:

Post a Comment